
What is sustainability and how does it relate to your field and interests?
According to the website http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/greenbuilding/Basics.htm "a green building, also known as a sustainable building, is a structure that is designed, built, renovated, operated, or reused in an ecological and resource-efficient manner. Green buildings are designed to meet certain objectives such as protecting occupant health; improving employee productivity; using energy, water, and other resources more efficiently; and reducing the overall impact to the environment."

1 Comments:
Hi. I'm Seth, used to be energy, now I'm building materials.
I agree with you that many things concerning sustainability simply need to be advertised and brought to the general public's awareness. I spoke with a friend who is an architectural engineer and he had never heard of a gray-water system that uses stored rainwater. If people were better educated, it would definitely be more mainstream.
Post a Comment
<< Home